About Me

My photo
Nearly reached that milestone in life (50), a little over weight but Hey. Married to Alison (25 years), a 21 yr old Son Tim who is at Hull studying Marine Biology. Still with the same company for more than 22 yrs now.

Saturday 8 October 2011

American Adventure 2011

Well time is nearing, most things are in place so it's just the little things now. Fine tuning on the routes now and every time we look at the books we find something else, and it doesn't help that we've been watching Billy Connolly's Route 66 trip on ITV. Oh well, we will have a great time anyway.





Only two half weeks now before we fly out, one long flight to San Francisco.
Things to do:
- Alison's ESTA
- I-pad car power supply
- I-pad Data SIM card (will buy in the US)



We did have a scare last week when the I-pad crashed and wouldn't start-up... Phone call to Apple who sorted it within a matter of seconds (connect to power charger and press the on/off switch & menu button at the sametime for 20 odd seconds - soft reset).
Would have updated the Blog using the I-pad last week, this is how we will keep everyone updated during our trip over the three weeks.
Managed to find a decent App for Blogging, I did think we may have to buy a notebook but Blogsy, what a find.



Will be checking Blogger from my PC to see how it looks, will attempt to include some video next time from the new camera.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    thought I'd write a short note to test out the system.

    Really envious of your trip - what bike have you hired? 3000 miles in 15 days riding will be quite tiring - last year we did 2000 in 12 days riding. If you stay in San Francisco check out the Jumbo breakfast at “Pergamino’s” on 1321 Columbus Avenue, (between Leavenworth St & North Point St) , San Francisco, CA 94133 (I know you like your breakfasts) Also recommend Nick's Lighthouse on Fishermans Wharf for some good fish.
    Steve G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. Thanks for finding my blog and in turn letting me find yours. You won't need to use the SIM card in your iPad much. Almost everywhere in the USA has free wi-fi, especially hotels and motels. I see you are finalising your route - I went to many great places last year on my tour of the USA and wrote about them on my blog. Take a look at the right panel on my blog, you will see my favourite places! Near the bottom of that panel. If you want any specific ideas or info, then send me an e-mail and I will see if I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - I'm afraid the trips being made by four wheels and not, couldn't get Ali to agree to two wheels, but all same we will a good time. Will plan for a two wheel trip at sometime but it will be me on my own or some like minded boys an girls from the bike club.

    Gary - I took a look at your Monument Valley photo's, wow. Hope to get a few as good as yours. Currently looking to stay in Tuba city for our two day tour of the area. Trying to fit in a visit to Winslow so I can stand on the corner but can't fit it in to the tight schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Followers