About Me

My photo
Nearly reached that milestone in life (50), a little over weight but Hey. Married to Alison (25 years), a 21 yr old Son Tim who is at Hull studying Marine Biology. Still with the same company for more than 22 yrs now.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

"Last minute Panic"

Well we at the start of our trip, it's been an eventful week, busy at work and no time to take it easy and just slip into holiday mode. It doesn't help that my PC, well outlook start to play up and even worse when IT spent time trying to fix it, they get it working, after a fashion, and then try and tweak it at the end of the day totally screwing it up. Chill Mark, it can wait till you get back.

Got home later than I wanted with a bit of a face on, went down well with Ali... Start to pack the bag, Ali already done and a little concerned about the weight but I checked them against the bathroom scales, and within the 23 kg limit.

The small one is hand luggage.

Well bags packed, let's check in online, that where things got a little heated... Needed the passports, Ali's passport - check, my passport..."have you seen my passport darling" PANIC.... "WHEN did you last have it...." I know I had it on the last Business trip, only a few weeks ago.
House turned upside down, atmosphere getting chilly though I'm about to boil over but trying to keep calm in my body language. I must checked the same jacket 15 times...and still nothing. Scenes of calling the airport and trying to get a replacement, nightmare... "Did you wear a suit to this meeting" it all start to flooding back, one grey suit, one passport PHEWWWW... I don't think I've heard the last of this one.

All checked in, boarding passes printed, this morning a scene of calm, though the dog knows something's up. Oh well, he will have a nice holiday at home with the house sitter.

1 comment:

  1. Going on a road trip without a last minute panic would mean its not a proper road trip. Have fun and enjoy yourselves! Looking forward to your trip reports, but next time, do it the proper way - on a bike!

    ReplyDelete

Followers